The General Data Protection Regulation, which became effective on May 25, 2018, creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to all companies that process data about individuals in the European Union. The GDPR imposes responsibilities on “data controllers” and “data processors.” A company is a “data controller” when it has the responsibility of determining why and how personal data is processed. A company is a “data processor” when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. While RentVision mostly operates as a data controller, there are some instances in which RentVision operates as a data processor, particularly when working with property management companies and other third parties. To the extent RentVision acts as a data processor, RentVision is committed to complying with the GDPR’s specific requirements for data processors. With that in mind, RentVision is in the process of working with its property management partners to update any related privacy policies on other websites.
This Statement of Privacy is designed to address only RentVision’s data practices with respect to activities conducted by RentVision on its own behalf or through the www.rentvision.com website. For those activities, RentVision acts as a data controller and may appoint third parties to act as data processor on its behalf, such as HubSpot and Google Analytics. RentVision is committed to ensuring that it has appropriate terms in place with such partners so that both RentVision and the partners comply with their respective requirements under the GDPR.
Data controllers must have a legal basis to process your personal information. RentVision’s legal basis to process your information arises from RentVision’s need to use your information to provide you with services and customer support and to advance RentVision’s other legitimate interests (including operating the website, conducting direct and indirect marketing, etc.), as discussed more fully in Sections 1 and 2 of this Statement. RentVision also relies on your consent in some circumstances as the basis for the processing your personal information.
1. Collection of your Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used by RentVision in connection with the www.RentVision.com website and related RentVision activities:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of the RentVision website, including the referral source, time of visit, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information that you enter when you register with or use the RentVision website, including your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, inquiries, job title, and company details (such as your company address, company history, and company needs);
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through the RentVision website;
- Information that you provide to https://alndata.com/;
- Any other personal information that you provide or send to us through the RentVision website.
Note that before you disclose to RentVision the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Statement.
RentVision may, from time to time, appoint a trusted third party to collect the information referenced above so that RentVision may use such information for one or more of the purposes described below. For example, RentVision may appoint Google Analytics to collect data regarding your use of the website. In such cases, it is third party partner’s sole responsibility to comply with the GDPR.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
RentVision may use your personal information to perform the following activities:
- To operate the RentVision website and to personalize the website to you (see Section 3 for more information);
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of informing you of products or services available from RentVision and/or its carefully selected affiliates;
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of conducting market research, such as by requesting your opinion about current services or potential new services that may be offered;
- To target advertising to you (see Sections 3 and 4 for more information);
- To provide you with customer support;
- To provide social media features to you;
- To provide or deliver services to you; and
- To perform statistical analysis, such as by analyzing the types of services our users are interested in and websites and pages our users visit.
RentVision may share your personal information with trusted third parties to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. RentVision may, from time to time, appoint a trusted third party, such as HubSpot, to store your personal information, so that RentVision may perform the activities listed above (for information on data retention, see Section 6). All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to RentVision, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. RentVision does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
RentVision may keep track of the websites and pages users visit within RentVision in order to determine what RentVision services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within RentVision to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. You have the right to instruct us not to track your behavior or send you any targeted communications (see Sections 5 and 9 for more information).
RentVision may disclose your personal information to its employees, officers, and agents, as reasonably necessary for the purposes set forth in this Statement. RentVision may also disclose your personal information: (1) to the extent RentVision is required to do so by law (in which case RentVision will take all reasonable precautions and protective measures); (2) to protect and defend the rights or property of RentVision; (3) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and (4) to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of RentVision, or the public.
Except as provided in this Statement, RentVision will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
The RentVision website may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize RentVision pages, or register with RentVision site or services, a cookie helps RentVision to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same RentVision website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the RentVision features that you customized.
4. Third Party Advertising, Display Advertising, and Remarketing
5. Your Rights
At any time, you may instruct RentVision to:
- Provide you with any personal information RentVision holds about you, subject to verification of your identity through the supply of appropriate evidence and subject to the limitation that RentVision may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law;
- Provide you with information regarding RentVision’s legal basis for collecting, processing, using, and/or sharing your personal information;
- Delete, correct, or update your personal information, subject to verification of your identity through the supply of appropriate evidence;
- Refrain from using or processing your personal information;
- Refrain from tracking your behavior and/or sending you any targeted communications
- Refrain from sending you any communications.
If your request falls within category numbers 1, 2, or 3, we advise that you contact RentVision by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the nature of your request. If your request falls within category numbers 4, 5, or 6, we advise that you follow the opt-out and unsubscribe instructions listed in Section 9.
6. Data Retention Policy
Personal information that RentVision processes or enlists others to process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and in no event shall such information be kept for more than a reasonable period of time. However, RentVision will retain personal information beyond this time period to the extent it is required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to defend its rights or property.
7. Security of Personal Information
RentVision takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and RentVision cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8. Children Under Thirteen
RentVision does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
9. Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt out or unsubscribe from activities involving use or processing of your personal information, through RentVision’s "opt-out page.” If you would like RentVision to refrain from using or processing any of your personal information, contact us through the opt-out page and indicate that you would like RentVision to “stop processing my personal information.” Note that if you choose this option, RentVision may not be able to provide services to you and you may not be able to use parts of RentVision’s website. If you would like RentVision to refrain from tracking your behavior and sending you any targeted communications, contact us through the opt-out page and indicate that you would like RentVision to “stop tracking my behavior” and “stop sending me targeted communications.” If you would like RentVision to refrain from sending you any communications whatsoever, contact us through the opt-out page and indicate that you would like RentVision to “stop sending me communications.”
10. Changes to this Statement
RentVision will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback and to ensure compliance with the GDPR. RentVision encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how RentVision is protecting your information.
11. Contact Information
RentVision welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that RentVision has not adhered to this Statement or to the GDPR, please contact RentVision at:
1001 S. 70th St., Suite 201
Lincoln, NE 68510